Saturday, May 16, 2009

Jersey Vacation

I have documented below part of my journey to New Jersey. It was so wonderful being back there. I spent all day every day with my brother, sister-in-law, and their two kids. The little ones kept me busy, but very entertained. We did many exciting things: go to Philly, celebrate Spencer's birthday, go to the Wild Safari, go to Princeton, etc. In the end, I didn't want to come back home. So much so that I had to fight back the tears at the airport when they dropped me off. But work is work and when it calls you back you have to go.

Now, one thing I have to tell you is that either my memory card or this computer is being very stupid. It will only let me download some of my pictures, not all. There were some more I wanted to put on, but you will just have to be satisfied with these. If my camera will let me, I will post some of the more artistic photos later.


Waimea playing with flowers.


Spencer being a curious, little boy.


Spencer striking a pose for the camera.


Spencer doing who knows what, but keeping himself entertained.


Waimea carrying her security blanket.


Mother and daughter playing piano. Waimea sings along too.


Part of the obstacle course at Spencer's birthday party.


Ooh. The pinata, which I got to blow to pieces when the kids couldn't break it open.


Waimea loving that cupcake.


A lovely view of the ostriches at the Wild Safari. One of them even tried to eat the windshield of the car. Not very tasty, I'm sure.


A lovely sunset from one of our walks at night. We saw some big, fresh animal prints soon after I took this picture, so we booked it out of there. None of us wanted to encounter a big, furry animal.


Evan and Spencer playing soccer.


Waimea joining in on the fun.


Katri and Waimea chillin' in the Princeton fountain. Waimea was not a fan of getting completely wet. We tried.


But Spencer was a big fan.

2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to post about your visit with us, but we left too soon after you left. But I will be doing it soon! I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, looks like you had a good time. :)

    ReplyDelete