Monday, August 10, 2009

Don't Say It Unless You're Sure

So, quickie story here. I needed to drop off an endorsement at the Honor Code Office this last Friday. I wasn't exactly sure where it was at, but I guessed it was in the Wilk. My roommate said she knew exactly where it was and said she would show me. So, I didn't bother to look it up since she "knew." She said it was in the Tanner building. I had my doubts, but she said she was 100% positive because she had just been there earlier this year. I hence told her that if she was wrong, I'd kill her. She said that was fine since she was 100% sure. So, we went. Parking was interesting for two reasons: 1)I had to park illegally since my sticker expired a year ago; 2)We parked in this new parking garage and the dumb thing had no way to get to the Tanner building except by walking out the way you went in. No stairs, nothing. Very poorly designed, in my opinion. My roommate led me to the 5th floor and it was nowhere to be found. We asked around in a few offices, and they all said that it wasn't there. The last one said to check the Wilk. That office happened to be the Accounting Office. A light went on in my roommate's brain, and she realized that at the same time she had gone to the Honor Code Office earlier in the year, she had also gone to the Accounting Office to get her taxes done. We had been parking and searching for about 20 or so minutes (really not that bad), just to find out that my hunch was right to begin with. I was laughing pretty hard, and she was begging me not to kill her. Eventually, we did make it to the Honor Code Office, which was indeed in the Wilk.

So, lesson to be learned, never say 100% unless you are really 100%.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you were able to laugh about it. I think I would've killed her.

    ReplyDelete