Saturday, August 1, 2009

Summer Fun

So, I know I'm running behind in my blogs and such, but whatever. I'm a busy girl. I thought I would just share with you some of my adventures over the summer so far. It's long, but deal. Let me begin with the Scottish Festival. I love this thing! I have gone to it the last 3 years, and each year I discover something new.

This year I watched the Opening March (or something like that). There were hundreds of bagpipers and dozens of drummers. Totally freakin' awesome.


This is my favorite Scottish musical group ever! The Wicked Tinkers. One of my favorite songs is called Wallop a Cat. The title alone makes me laugh.



Oh the Highland Games! There is nothing better than seeing men in kilts throwing incredibly heavy and incredibly awkward things. Oh what men will do to show their masculinity.




Now the 4th of July was an awesome and fun-filled holiday. It began with sleeping in, one of my ultimate favorite past times. Too bad I rarely get a chance to do it. I woke up just in time to go to a sibling bbq. The food was quite yummy and I got to play with adorable nephew, Owen. We enjoy entertaining each other.

And he also, apparently, likes to stick his finger in people's mouths.


My brother was incredibly cheesy. He dressed Owen that morning in matching clothing. Cute though.


Ah, you can't have the 4th of July without fireworks. This is my friend, Diana. She loves fireworks and so does her family. So, I went to their show.


Since the store-bought fireworks don't get very big, I thought it would be cool to get some zoomed-in pictures. The two below are a couple of the ones I took. I think they look pretty funky.



Now, before watching this video, you may want to turn down the volume on your speakers. Diana and her family, mostly Diana, taped 164 (I think) screamers to a piece of plywood and set all the screamers off at once. Now really, what better way to show your patriotism? Once again, I am warning you to turn down the volume before watching the video.




On the 24th, two of my friends and I went to visit my parents in southern Utah. While visiting, we spent quite a bit of time in nature.

Here are my friends, Soonyeun and Mayte standing by a natural bridge just outside of Blanding.


We went to Arches and it was so much fun. I love the look of the red rock. Southern Utah, in my opinion, is the best part of Utah.




Since we were spending so much time out in the sun, I decided to try and even out my tan. I have driver's tan, and I hate that. So, while hiking I would hold my arm out to get more exposure. It really didn't help much. Do you like how my dad is mocking me?


This is a view of Delicate Arch from the view point or whatever it's called. And just some other random pictures below.




Now, the pictures below are of one of my ultimate favorite places, Muley Point (I don't think I'm spelling that right, but whatever. Sorry nature.) You just stand out on the edge and you have this 180 degree view of the goose necks 4,000 feet above them. Absolutely gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment