Monday, March 9, 2009

When did I get out of the loop?


Honestly, I'm really not that old. I consider myself to be quite young actually, but life is telling me otherwise. I teach ESL and my students are always asking me about these slang phrases that they have heard in songs or from friends. Most of them I have never heard before and are rather weird. The best I can do is look at the rest of the context and guess what it means. But, every time they ask me and I have absolutely no fricken clue what it means I feel that much older and that much farther away from the next generation. Pretty soon I won't be able to understand a single word anyone below the age of 20 is saying. Well, I think teenagers are all idiots anyway, so that's really not that big of a loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment