Thursday, April 9, 2009

Highlights of California Vacation


My friends claim I look like a devil in this picture. Fire, "horns," and a snarl.


Who knew that the elephant was impaling my head? I certainly didn't.


Got a little trigger happy after the ride.


Life is best in 3D. And if you're not sure if you're in it or not, just put on the glasses. Maybe it will become 4D...........Nope, it doesn't.


We like to pose for things.


It's fun playing in water. We would have stripped to our bathing suits and gotten soaked, but we had to stay dry for the bike car thing we rented. Which bike car thing?

This bike car thing. It was frickin' awesome!


A lighthouse adjacent to the cafe on the pier where we ate brunch.


Long Beach is obviously quite long.


There were tons of kite surfers at Huntington Beach.


A lovely sunset taken at the end of the pier at Huntington Beach. I thought the light pole was cool too.


This is outside the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. They have tons of light poles just lined up waiting to be walked through. Very cool museum by the way.


This sea creature is a mixture of a ray and a shark. I call it a rayshark. I don't know what it's really called, but that's what I have dubbed it. Since it was the touch pool I tried to touch it, but the water was too deep. I had my whole arm in there and still couldn't reach it. Oh well. I've touched a shark before anyway (a baby one). Oh dad, I still want that picture by the way. Thanks.


The seals and sea lions were absolutely the coolest part of the aquarium.


You have to test the bed when you go to a hotel. And let me tell you, these are the BEST beds I have ever slept on. Okay, I take that back. They actually tie with the bed in Todd and Kristy's basement.

1 comment:

  1. You make me giggle! I love the photo of the sunset on the Huntington Beach pier, by the way, as well as the photo of the sea lions. You have quite an eye for composition!

    ReplyDelete