Thursday, February 12, 2009

Careful Which Buttons You Push


I really do love my friends. They entertain me so. I was with a friend yesterday and she told me of an experience she had a few hours before. Even just thinking of it now makes me giggle. She was a little embarrassed by it, but knew I would get a kick out of it. So, she's not very technologically savvy and sometimes just pushes random buttons to try and fix things. This action has led her into trouble several times. This time, for kicks, she was just randomly pushing buttons on her phone. All of the sudden this screen popped up asking her to key in a code of some kind. She had no idea what her phone was asking for so she tried random codes, which didn't work. She couldn't get out of the screen and PUK Blocked appeared (When she showed me I thought it said PUKE Blocked, and I thought, "Well, that's good."). At the bottom of the screen she saw two options. One was OK and the other was SOS. She thought the SOS would lead her to some technical support from her phone company. Nope. It dialed 911, and they answered. My friend freaked out and tried to calmly explain what happened. Luckily, the lady who answered was nice about it. She now has to talk with her phone company because pretty much every time she turns her phone on it automatically dials 911. I couldn't stop laughing when she told me. I mean, wow. Lesson to be learned for all: If you don't know what you're doing, stop pushing the freakin buttons.

1 comment: