Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Thanks BSB, well for the most part

A couple of months ago, it was my friend D's birthday. My friend, C, thought that it would be a great idea to get her tickets to the Backstreet Boys concert since D is still a HUGE fan. I agreed, and so did another friend, J. We decided to get her two tickets and she could take whomever she wanted. She LOVED the gift, but could not decide who to take with her. I recommended she take a niece since they are fans too. Instead she bought two more tickets and invited C, J, and myself to go. I wasn't too excited about it because I used to be a fan, but it's been a long time and I don't really listen to their music anymore. But, I couldn't say no. So we all went and, for the most part, it actually turned out to be quite a bit of fun. Let me explain why.

Not fun: The ticket said 7:30. To most people they would interpret that as the time that the concert would start, but no. It's actually the time that they decided to let everyone into the Energy Solutions Arena. Then the opening act was not an opening act. It was their dj. It was fine for the first 5-10 minutes, but after 40 or so minutes it was long past time to be done. If I wanted to just listen to a dj, I could have just gone to one of the FREE dances at the school where I work. Oh wait! I just did the week before. The really annoying part was when the crowd would kind of die out he would shout into his microphone, "Are you ready for the Backstreet Boys?" The first time the crowd screamed and roared in anticipation, but then he just kept on going. By the fourth time, we had all had enough of his lying. But that wasn't the end of it. When the dj was finally done we had to wait 20 more minutes before the Backstreet Boys even came out. Lame! If I would have known that they wouldn't have come on stage until 9 pm, I wouldn't have shown up until 9 pm. Seriously, BSB, you can do better than that. I know it's been a while, but couldn't you have gotten a better opening act?

Fun: Once the Backstreet Boys finally came on stage and performed, I was taken back to my youth and sang along with the ones I knew.

So, lesson to be learned: never have a dj as your opening act.

No comments:

Post a Comment